Friday, March 02, 2007

Questions, Questions

A regular reader sent us this question today, seeking info on a topic of particular interest in his state at the moment. "Do you know of any goodstudies on the effectiveness of increasing sentences for crimes committedwith guns?" I did the best I could, but it wasn't all that great. Anyone out there want to put some ideas in the comments or send them to us in through the contact info on the right? We'd appreciate it.

And while we're at it, I've been asked to come up with whatever is available in research on intergenerational gang violence and participation, child, parent, grandparent in same family and in gang. Not really my field. I've contacted some great academic types whom I now owe, but does anyone out there have a good feel for what I should be telling people? Again, we'd appreciate it.

No comments: