Just quick hits today:
- Heard it here first. As expected in CT in response to that recent horrid triple murder after the botched home burglary, policymakers planning more of the same “remedy” but not saying a word about how that “remedy” doesn’t seem to do much “correcting.” “I cain’t believe that dog chewed my leg off after all the beatin’s I been givin’ ‘im.”
- Overcrowding problems even in AK (Alaska, not Arkansas).
- First shot by CA’s leadership [sic] to derail the 3-judge panel looking at capping its prison pops goes down, not surprisingly.
- KY judges still disagreeing about whether it’s constitutional to apply sex offender residency restrictions to offenders who have already finished their terms.
- MI corrections cutting costs by ending work crews, which have done good work cheaper than what the current contractors are likely to find and be happy to pay for. Does Peter ever know that Paul gets paid?