Saturday, December 22, 2007

Don't Miss the Abstracts Below

I don't usually say much about the NCJRS abstracts I post other than an editorial comment once in a while (although I should praise the NCJRS folks a lot more than I do because their service is essential and pretty much unrecognized). But please pay some attention to three below over this weekend because they have some particularly useful info this time. The idea of using offenders for hospice and the effect on the volunteers is genius, the survey of sex offender treatment providers concerning the (non)rehabilitation capacity of violent sex offenders, and the extremely rare study of the factors associated with prosecutors' decisions to go for mandatory minimum penalties, including the apparent racial and ethnic bias, are all things to be committed to memory as we debate and determine corrections sentencing policy. Good stuff, I promise.

No comments: